Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Prologue Part 1

I do not want to live in a world without you by my side.

There is no meaning living in a world where you do not exist.

If a "God" does exist, and he was the one who fated our parting, then it is my turn to determine the fate...

...of this unfair world.



Man #1: ...Oh?  Hey!  I finally reached you.  Where are you right now?

Man #2: ......

Man #1: Man...bursting out like that without listening.  The chief's gonna have a field day with you.  Don't take out on me if he kills you for this.

Man #2: ....From now on, I won't help you guys anymore.  I don't plan to belong anywhere anymore.  I just want to do what I need to do.

Man #1: Oi oi (it's hard to translate slang), what are you going on about?
Man #1: Listen here, alright?  Don't hang up on me!  I'll get here right away.

Man #2: You don't have to do that.  I can do this on my own.  Besides, you have your own agenda right?

Man #1: As I was saying, we both have a part in this plan!  ...The target seemed to have started moving in already.

Man #2: ....!?

Man #1: I can't have you walking around doing whatever you feel like.  If I let you go then my mission will fail too, you know.

Man #2: ...The line is bad.  I may not be able to continue this conversation for much longer.

Man #1: Wha--!?  What was that?  Dammit, I really can't hear you.

Man #2: Don't contact me anymore.  To accomplish what I set out to do, I'll...

*Click*

Man #2: ...the line really went dead.  Well...it might've been better this way anyways.
Man #2: There's no use for such a thing anymore.  Why should I restrict myself by using this device any longer?

*Tosses the transmitter into the ocean*

Man #2: I won't let anyone...get in my way.



Anyways...how's my translation?   I like to think I'm making translations that make sense and use good slang language.  Although I can't promise I can always have as good quality as this entry, seeing it is my first and the one I'll put in the most effort.  There is a lot of differences between Japanese and English grammar and you kinda have to make up things as you go along sometimes because of it.  You know, the rule in Japanese where you can eliminate the subject if the listener knows what you are talking about and such.  Also, stuff like Oi have no actual translatable English term...unless you count yo or something...yeah.  And Japanese have their phonetic system for sound effects, and we don't really have that here either...
Hmm...well, let's see how far along I can get in translating this huge script, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment