Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Prologue Part 3

Nadeshiko: What do you mean, late?
Nadeshiko: just because I was a few seconds behind doesn't mean I wanted to be late.

I just stopped to say goodbye to the driver and then got my bag out of the car.
There was no way I could be faster than Riichirou since Riichirou was the one who sat next to the door.  I have to wait until Riichirou gets out of the car before I can.

Nadeshiko: ...Well, I guess he's just being his usual self.

Yes, being his usual self.  Riichirou had lacked common etiquette for as long as I can remember, so why start getting bothered by it now?
Even though we are heading to the same place, he's still leaving my behind on the way to class.  But, I'm used to it now.
...Perhaps, since it's Riichirou, he's just embarrassed to be seen going to school together with me.

Nadeshiko: (grunts)...  It feels so nice today.

A typical day in fall, with the blue sky stretching over the horizon.  A day same as always, a calm and unevenful day.
There is nothing wrong with this, but...

Nadeshiko: It still feels rather dull.

I let out a small sign.

Female student 1: Ah, good morning, Kurou-san.  You are not with Riichirou today?

Nadeshiko: Morning, Amane-san, Riichirou went ahead without me.

I, Kurou Nadeshiko, is an elementary school 6th grader.  I'm currently taking classes in the junior division of Shuurin (It's the school name).
Shuurin is a school known for mainly taking kids who have upper class families.  The facilities are well-equipped and the curriculum levels are higher than most other schools.
And because of its higher than normal leveled curriculum, it attracts a lot of intelligent students, who also serve to maintain the level of the courses .  (Sorry, this sounds rather strange when I read it back to myself)
I haven't done any detailed research, but it seems that Shuurin's elementary school is in another league compared to the other schools.

Nadeshiko: Good morning, teacher.

Teacher #1: Good morning, Kurou-san.  ...Oh, where's Kanou-kun?

Nadeshiko: He went ahead to class already.

Teacher #1: Oh, is that right?

I've only been to this school, so I don't know what other schools are like.

(Besides, I'm just a kid.)

Because of the high-leveled curriculum, my academics are probably better than the average elementary student.
But, that's where it stops.  Being Kurou Co.'s only daughter doesn't really give me any special previliges.
It's not something that I should take pride in anyhow.  Why?  Because it wasn't my own abilities that earned me this spot

3 comments:

  1. Its such a pity that no one else commented on all the hard effort that it takes to translate even parts of otome games...anyways really good job! I'm sad that you didn't decide to continue translating, but thank you for the hard work! 'preciate it lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. While I wish you had continued translating this game, still, thanks for your hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your translation is amazing. Too bad that no one els commented on this back in 2011
    Thank you though, I was able to understand more of this game even with only these 3 parts <3

    ReplyDelete