Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Prologue Part 2

I had a dream.

???: ...up

It's not so rare to dream.  You can dream up different things, but they always escape you the moment you wake up.  The things that you do remember are always events that could never occur in real life.  Dreams are just wishful thinking, that's all they are, and ever will be.

???: Hey, Nadeshiko, wake up.

But, this dream was slightly different.  I just can't quite put my finger on it though.  It is still a dream like the others.  Is it because I can still recall the events so vividly?

???: Hey, how much longer are you gonna sleep?  We're arriving soon.  Wake up, Nadeshiko!

Nadeshiko: Huh?

Riichirou: I can't believe you can sleep this soundly (inside the car) on the way to school.

Nadeshiko: Riichirou?

I almost said "why are you here?" before I realized I was inside the car.
Riichirou (this is hard to type), Kanou Riichirou is my friend from childhood.  Since his and my father are friends, we had been together for as long as I can remember.  Our school and our class is the same, and because we live next to each other, it just seemed natural that we go to school together as well.  Our chauffeur always drives us to the school entrance everyday.

Nadeshiko: ...Oh, that's right, we were on our way to school...

Riichirou: Say, there's a limit to how out of it one can be, right?

Nadeshiko: That's not what I meant...it's just, I have been having those strange dreams lately.

Riichirou: Hmm...

Nadeshiko: How can I describe it.  Even though it's really blurry to me now, it felt like I was wandering around in a dark dark world.  How should I say this...oh, that's it!  The place I visited was almost like an RPG game.  Not the kind with the setting in the ordinary world, but more science-fiction oriented.  In the dream, I felt like I was walking in this world.  And I just can't shake off how dark the atmosphere of that world was.  Isn't that strange?

Riichirou: That's stupid.  Dreams are always about things like that.

Nadeshiko: That's true, but...

I just think it is strange that I could remember this dream so vividly.  I was about to point this out to Riichirou when I thought maybe it isn't so strange after all.

(Well, I guess it is possible to remember a dream once in a while.)

...That's rather dull.

Riichirou: Besides, in your case, the reason is obvious as to why you had a strange dream.  It's because you were sleeping in the car.

Nadeshiko: I-It's not like I had the dream just now.  I just dozed off for a little bit.

Riichirou: Oh, is that right.

Nadeshiko: ......

Humph, I guess I can't expect too much from Riichirou.  He seems disinterested, same as always.

(Even though you are the one who encouraged me to talk about it in the first place.)

...But, since this is a daily occurrence, I am used to his tone already.
What Riichirou lacks is an interest in being with other people.  I guess I can't judge him, since I'm the same way.  But I still like to think I'm a bit better than him.

Nadeshiko: ...Riichirou, this may just be me meddling but, you won't gain points in popularity by acting this way, you know.

Riichirou: I have no care for things like that.

I said that with a hint of distaste just to tease him.  But all I got back was his usual response, with even a lesser degree of interest than before.

(I know that wouldn't have any effect on him, but)

I've known for a long time that Riichirou isn't the type to care about popularity.  But, this just makes everything even duller.

*Screech*

Driver: Young masters, we are here now.

Riichirou: Okay.

Nadeshiko: Thank you, we'll be going now.

Driver: Be safe!  (BTW, that was ittekimasu and itterasshaimase)

Riichrou: ...I have no intentions of being late because I had to stick with you.  I'm leaving now.

I'll stop here for the day...so tired....

No comments:

Post a Comment